Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Palo Alto Battlefield National Historic Site

June 16, 2011

            When I arrived to Palo Alto Battlefield I went directly to Visitor Center and I met Tim who recommended me to watch a 15-minute video that would give all the information I needed. Palo Alto held a battle for land that led to many deaths and mostly Mexican soldiers due to less effective cannons and guns compared to the U.S.  Troops. After watching the short video I read more information on the battle and met Rick who gave me some brochures and recommended me to go out to follow the trail that leads to the actual battlefield. Once I got there I went under a canopy that allowed me to see the flags standing to signify the both armies one of the U.S troops which was on my right and the one on the left which was the Mexicans troops. I got chills standing there, knowing that many lives were lost in this battle.
            I enjoyed the visit just because I was able to learn more about history of my hometown. The Palo Alto National Historic site gives an ideal atmosphere for learning. Field trips are encouraged for an amazing educational visit. Students of all ages can learn broad themes of history, including American national development and westward expansion, the struggles of early-Republican Mexico, U.S.-Mexican relations, and military practices of the nineteenth century. 

No comments:

Post a Comment