Wednesday, June 29, 2011

My Reflection


After coming back from all the visits I realized how fortunate I was. I had the opportunity to visit numerous places that increased my knowledge about Texas history. Throughout this class I have learned many new things and met some very knowledgeable people from all over the state. I found much more information and retained far more than going for a more casual trip. This not only gives you a boost with general knowledge of our State it also gave me a chance to have a one on one with some professional and working librarians. All the libraries that I went to trained me to be a better librarian and how just a smile can make a huge difference. All the library staff that I met during my visits to their libraries helped me immensely. They answered all my questions with a big grin in their faces, which made me feel welcomed and comfortable. I found that once I mentioned that I was studying on a librarian masters program people become wonderfully zoned in spe­­aking of their profession with great enthusiasm, I guess as they figured I had a genuine and keen interest in what they do, as of course I do, as one day this will be my profession.

No comments:

Post a Comment