Friday, June 17, 2011

Museum of South Texas History

Sunday, June 12, 2011

            I decided to go to the Museum of South Texas History right after one of my classes there in Edinburgh. It is located relatively close to the University so I hoped I would not get lost. I looked on their website on the visitor information section to check the times they are open and directions on how to get there. I also wanted to know more information on the museum so I went to the tab named about the museum and found out that the museum has been part of the community since 1967 when it served as the old Hidalgo County jail. Now the museum takes visitors on a journey through the prehistory and history of the region, which is the Rio Grande Valley. I printed out a self-guided tour that was provided by the website of the museum just incase there is no tour guides available at the time of my arrival.

No comments:

Post a Comment